Drip System Repair. First things first.

image

Worked on the drip system for the garden beds. Previous owner laid pvc pipe from west side of driveway to the beds. This inlet pipe was leaking, so I cut off the leaking part and glued on the repair.

image

Here is the other end of the laid pipe. To the left, it runs off to the beds. To the right is experimental.

image

The beds will have hose that runs up and out, so I won’t have to lean over too far to turn on/off any particular bed. Still needs refinement.

Checked on transplants. Doing ok. Will add mushroom mulch later.

image

Greenhouse plants look better. Need to find new homes for these. Are ready for planting into the soil.

image

Took a moment to enjoy the view.

image

Pecan tree on the right. Oak and tangerines on left and center. Still rationing water. Probably won’t have fruit to harvest again this year.

To be continued…

Upcycled Bird Feeder

I would like to bring bird activity closer to the house. I’ve been successful at bringing the hummingbirds closer, but am still waiting for THE BIRDS.

I had set up the bird bath. I added color and texture, plus put in some hay, which naturally keeps the water clean. I’ve seen one bee in the bird bath – who was wounded – that doesn’t really count.

So…

Inspiration: The Garden Glove

image

Ceiling glass light cover, as is.

image

“Painted” with Sharpie Oil-Based Paint Marker.  Baked at 350° F for 1/2 hour to “set” the colors.

image

Rope fitting enhanced with Permatex Clear RTV silicone adhesive. Added extra adhesive to the tied knot.

image

image

Found these giant hooks at Dollar Store.

image

image

The finished project, filled with bird seed, hanging from the Bay Laurel tree..at the front door.

image

Good luck!

To be continued…